Neuroimaging Facility Calendars (SPINAL)
The Harvard SPINAL instrument scheduler was developed and is maintained by the folks in Research Computing.
Requesting Scan Time
There are two avenues for requesting time on the scanner:
1) Recurring Blocks
Principal Investigators will have the opportunity to request recurring time blocks on the schedule. PIs will receive an email announcement calling for fixed block requests. This will occur approximately every 3 months for the following 3-month time period.
2) Open Slots
Principal Investigators or green-badge members of their labs may request open slots on the MRI schedule. To request an open slot:
- First check the Bay 1 MRI Scanner calendar.
- Click on the log in link at the top of the page or go to https://webapps.sciences.fas.harvard.edu/spinal/.
- Login to SPINAL with your RC username and password.
- If you are a Harvard investigator and do not have an RC account, you can request one by clicking the link to the right of the login box or go to https://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/accounts/.
- If you are a non-Harvard investigator and do not have an RC account, please email Caroline West (wcwest [at] fas [dot] harvard [dot] edu) with the following information:
- Position or Title
- Name of PI
- Email address
- Work phone
- Work address
- If you are able to login but cannot see any resources, please email Caroline (wcwest [at] fas [dot] harvard [dot] edu) to be added to the list of eligible users.
- Click the link for the calendar and then click the date on which you would like to schedule. Fill out the sign-up form and then click sign up! at the bottom of the page.
- Your reservation is provisional until it is approved by a member of the CBS Neuroimaging staff. You will receive an email when your reservation is approved.
- If you are unable to complete these steps for any reason, you may email Tammy (tmoran [at] fas [dot] harvard [dot] edu) to sign up for time until your issues are resolved. Note: The PI must be cc’d on any email requesting MRI scan slots.
Reserving Free Resources
Follow the instructions above but substitute the appropriate calendar (Mock Scanner, Testing Room, etc). Reservations for these rooms do not need to be approved. Please be considerate of other users when making your reservations.