Note: The system requires special training to operate.
This multiphoton microscope system is custom built using parts from an upright Olympus stand. A resonant galvo is used to achieve fast scan rates (15 to 30 frames per second). The multiphoton laser comprises a Coherent Mira 900 Ti:S oscillator and a 18W Verdi solid-state pump laser.
There are two external detectors with dichroic filters for R/G or CFP/YFP.
- Real-time multiphoton imaging of CFP and YFP in living animals
- Fast scan rate (15-30 frames per second)
- Two external detectors with good detection sensitivity
- Multiphoton imaging only
- No CCD camera
- Custom software with limited flexibility
- Changing wavelength requires manual adjustment of multiphoton laser