This system has 436nm, 458nm, 488nm, 514nm and 543nm laser lines. There is no 633nm line for imaging far red fluorophores such as cy5 or alexa-647.
The filters are appropriate for imaging CFP and YFP. The confocal system has two fluorescence channels and a transmitted light detector.
The LSM software has the Multi-Time macro to allow automatic acquisition of tiled image stacks. The microscope also has an Axiocam HRc (color CCD) camera and runs the AxioVision software to allow automatic tiled multi-channel image acquisition. The microscope has filter cubes for DAPI, CFP, FITC, YFP, Texas Red and Cy5. The condenser is set up for dark-field and DIC imaging.
The microscope has a set of oil immersion objectives and a 10x water immersion objective.
- Imaging of CFP and YFP in fixed tissue mounted on glass slides
- Combined fluorescence and transmitted light imaging using CCD camera
- Tiled image acquisition using CCD camera or confocal
- CCD camera with epifluorescence and transmitted-light optics
- System not heavily used compared to FV1000 systems
- No 561nm or 633nm limes
- Not useful for confocal imaging of mCherry, alexa-647 or cy5
- 2 PMT channels