John Merck Scholars Program
Deadline: 5PM 30 September 2010
Applicants must have the following:
- Academic rank in a university or medical school, or equivalent standing in a research institute or medical center. If the institution offers tenure, must be on a tenure track.
- Not more than four years of experience in an independent faculty position at the time of the start of the award.
- A record of research in areas relating to the Fund’s interest in the
underlying causes of developmental disabilities.
- Evidence of a commitment to a career in neuroscience or cognitive science.
Applicants may not:
- Hold tenured positions or their equivalents.
- Apply in more than two rounds of competition.
- Apply for continued postdoctoral support.
Holding other fellowships concurrently with the John Merck Scholars Award is discouraged. Prior approval by the Fund for an overlapping fellowship is required and will be given only in unusual circumstances.